Meet our Terrific Tenor: Tiaan Ras #Vox_Tribe
Q: What is your day job?
A: Entrepreneur; Brand Psychologist.
Q: How many years have you been singing in a choir?
A: 40 years (with a few weekends off here and there).
Q: What has been your most memorable experience with Vox to date?
A: I have two that stands out:
1. My late father (who suffered from dementia) attended one of our "Naledi - an African Journey" - Franco Prinsloo, performances in 2019. Nothing will ever beat his glowing face and excitement after the show. That is the magic of music!
2. Performing Franco's "Missa Brevis San Marco" in the Saint Mark's Basilica in Venice, Italy during our 2019 - Vox European Tour. What a magical memory!
Q: What do you enjoy the most about being part of Vox?
A: We get to create art while belonging to a very caring choral family. #vox_family
Q: Which piece is your favourite that you have performed with Vox Chamber Choir?
A: Sjoe, that is a bit of an unfair question...I love the intellect of "Vuurbees"; I enjoy the peace and tranquility of the small "Agnus Dei"; the lyrical beauty of "By alle skone dinge"; the quietness of "On that Holy Night" and the symbolism in "Dink aan my". All composed by our conductor, Franco Prinsloo.
Q: What do you look forward to the most with Vox Chamber Choir?
A: Performing/recording "Kruis van Liefde" - Franco Prinsloo.
Q: If you could have a superpower, what would it be?
A: To instill contentment on humanity.
Q: What are you reading/binge watching at the moment:
1. Reading - Building a story brand by Donald Miller;
2. Watching - I am 20 minutes into episode 1 of GoT, and just started episode 3 (season 1) of The Chef's Table.
Q: Name another hobby/interest you participate in?
A: Entertaining friends.
Q: Name a part in a piece we perform that gives you goosebumps every time:
A: There is this magic phrase in "On that Holy Night". We sing: "Mary held him tight", and there are strong clashes in the harmony. Every time we sing this, it feels as though Mary already has a sense of the pain she will feel when she sees her son on the cross. It is in that moment that we can negotiate world piece, put our differences aside, and just be caring humans.
Q: List 3 things on your bucket list:
1. See the Nordic lights;
2. Have dinner at Heston Blumental's restaurant;
3. Get married at Waterford wine estate outside Stellenbosch. Vox will naturally have to sing something joyous.
📸 Photo Credit: JP Hanekom (www.jphanekom.com)
#choir #tenor #VOX_CHAMBER_CHOIR #singing #voxie #chorister #Viva_La_Vox #members #VOX #meet_the_choir #singer #palace_of_justice #art #photoshoot #classicalmusicians #southafrica #pretoria #vox_singers